The Xbox Elite Controller Series 3 is one of the most anticipated releases among gamers. While the official price and release date are yet to be confirmed, expectations are high for this next-generation controller.
Xbox Elite Controller Series 3 Release Date Speculations
There’s no official mention of an Xbox Elite Series 3 controller, but that doesn’t mean there’s not one in the work. If we look at past release dates, the Series 1 was released on October 1, 2015, with the Series 2 following on November 4, 2019. That’s roughly a four-year gap, which would put the Xbox Series 3 controller release date near the end of 2023. However, as of October 2023, there’s been no official mention of the controller, so it’s possible that the controller might not make an appearance before the midpoint of 2024.
Some sources suggest that the Xbox Elite Controller Series 3 could come out in November 2023 if Microsoft sticks to the plans. It’s also worth noting that big gaming releases often come out in November.
Xbox Elite Controller Series 3 Price Predictions
The Elite Series 2 costs approximately $130-200, depending on your retailer. Therefore, it is realistic to expect that the Xbox Series 3 controller could cost anywhere between $200-$300.
What To Expect?
The Xbox Elite Series 3 controller is expected to retain its predecessor’s excellence while adding new customization options. Alongside the inclusion of the share button that features on the newer Xbox controllers, we might be looking at something fairly similar to the last iteration.
Should You Wait for the Xbox Elite Series 3?
Whether you decide to wait for the Xbox Elite Series 3 or opt for the Xbox Elite Series 2, you can expect a premium gaming experience with enhanced controls and customization options. Even if the Elite Series 3 controller is released, the Series 2 is still an excellent option for most people.
How Does It Compare To Other Controllers In The Market?
The Xbox Elite Controller Series 3, like its predecessors, is expected to be a top-tier controller in the market. Here’s how it compares to other controllers:
- Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 vs. Elite Core: The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and the Elite Core are fundamentally the same, including the design, configurable settings, and support for interchangeable parts. However, the cheaper Core controller strips down the controller to its fundamentals, making it a lucrative choice for budget-conscious buyers. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 “Core” offers a more affordable alternative to Microsoft’s top-tier Xbox controller.
- Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 vs. Series 2: The Xbox Elite 2 controller is viewed as one of the best controllers money can buy. It makes many subtle changes that help distinguish it from the original model. The Xbox Elite 2 has adjustable-tension thumbsticks, shorter hair trigger locks, plus a rechargeable battery.
- Xbox Elite Controller vs. PS5 DualSense Edge: The Xbox Elite packs an interchangeable D-pad and gamers can choose between a faceted and a cross option. The DualSense Edge can only be used with the stock D-pad. In addition, gamers can fully customize their controller’s design via Xbox Design Lab.
- Xbox Elite Controller vs. Other Alternatives: If you want a pad in hand that is capable of providing what the Elite Controller allows, all whilst being cheaper on the wallet and delivering further twists, there are a host of alternatives. Some are even preferential to the official offering.
What Are The Interchangeable Parts?
The Xbox Elite Controller Series 3 has several interchangeable parts:
- Interchangeable thumbsticks and d-pads: These allow for a more personalized and comfortable gaming experience.
- Detachable paddles on the underside of the controller: These can be mapped to any function, providing more flexibility in control.
- Rubberized grips: These provide a more comfortable and secure grip on the controller.
- Trigger locks: These reduce reaction time by limiting the range of the trigger motion.
- Adjustable tension thumbsticks: These can be adjusted for more precise control.
- Shorter hair trigger locks: These allow for faster firing speed.
You can purchase additional parts from sellers like Amazon or from Microsoft’s website. Replacement parts for your Xbox One controller are also available on iFixit. They have you covered with parts, tools, and free repair guides. All of their replacement parts are tested to rigorous standards and backed by their industry-leading warranty.
In conclusion, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 3 is a highly anticipated release among gamers. While the official price and release date are yet to be confirmed, the expectations are high for this next-generation controller. Exciting times may be ahead for serious Xbox gamers and customization fans.