The Witcher Season 2 trailer has been revealed and the premiere date is inching closer. The new footage teases a coming war between the Northern Realms and the Nilfgaardian Empire, as well as the imminent return of Yennefer to Geralt’s life. In order for you to be prepared for this epic event, we are going to break down everything that you need to know about it like The Witcher Season 2 release date, cast, trailer, plot
The Witcher Season 2 Cast
The first aspect of the Witcher Season 2 that we will explore is the cast. The series has a large ensemble, so it can be hard to keep track of who’s playing whom and which characters are new additions or recurring players from previous seasons. Let us break down the significant roles for you:
– Geralt (Henry Cavill) returns as the titular witcher, with his lover Yennefer (Anya Chalotra). Triss Merigold is also set to return (Freya Allan), along with Roach – Geralt’s horse.
– Newcomers include Queen Calanthe (Jodhi May) and Princess Ciri – a young woman whose fate may hold clues to the past.
– Returning characters include the king of Temeria – Eist (Tony Barry), one of Geralt’s friends, and his adopted daughter, Ciri’s best friend – Yennefer; Triss Merigold, who is a sorceress that joins forces with Geralt on various adventures during Season two.
The Witcher Season 2 Plot
Season two tells the story of Geralt as he searches for Ciri. His journey leads him to a distant land, and only then does he learn that Ciri is on the run from an oppressive force at home – The Wild Hunt ̶ spectral riders who have been called up by otherworldly forces, led by Eredin (Jassa Ahluwalia). These mysterious invaders are intent on capturing her–and she’s not alone in trying to stay alive. A war will be waged for both their lives; friends become foes while those once thought dead return from the grave.
The Witcher Season 2 Release Date
The Witcher Season 2 is the hotly anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed series based on Polish novelist Andrzej Sapkowski’s novels. The season one finale aired in 2017, with a large cliffhanger that left fans wondering what will happen next for Geralt and his adoptive daughter Ciri. Fortunately, the wait won’t be too much longer for the witcher season 2 release date! Netflix released the Season 2 trailer on February 28th and it’s now available for viewing.
The show will be a ten-episode run that follows Geralt of Rivia as he continues his search for Ciri in criminal underworlds while being hunted by the Wild Hunt along the way.
The Witcher Season 2 Trailer
– Geralt can be seen traipsing through bleak landscapes with his horse Roach, before finally reaching the sea, where Ciri is seen being pulled from the water by a hooded figure.
– We then see Geralt and Yennefer in what looks to be an intimate moment before their hands are ripped apart as they’re separated by some sort of force field. ̶ It’s clear that the divide between them will continue to haunt not only these characters but also us viewers.
* *We hear Triss say the name “Cirilla” before she too is forced away from Geralt.*
– The trailer caps off with more footage of intense battle scenes – cogs spinning, swords clanging against armour – all set over ominous music punctuated with screams and yells for help.
The Witcher Season 2 release date is yet to announce on Netflix in 2021. This is a great time for fans of the series who have been anticipating news about this season for some time now, and are excitedly awaiting more information from Netflix that we will be sure to share with you as soon as it’s released!