This article will explain why your PS4 controller light is yellow and what that color means. Because the Dualshock 4 may flash a variety of colors, it may be difficult for users to decipher their significance. When the PS4 is in rest mode, turned off, or the controller is charging, an unblinking yellow light will appear. When the controller is plugged in for charging, a yellow light will flash. It may also happen while playing specific games, such as GTA V, in which you play Trevor Philips. The color of your controller will change to yellow. So, we’ve covered all of the possible explanations for the yellow hue of the controller.
You may, however, have the yellow glow of death. We’ll explain why in the blog below, as well as how to solve it. The graphic below shows the most recent Amazon price for the best PS4 accessories.
How Do You Repair A PS4 Controller’s Yellow Light?
- To begin, turn off your PS4 by pressing the Power button. After that, unplug your PlayStation 4’s power cord.
- Then, connect a USB cord to your PS4 and obtain the controller that isn’t working. On the controller, press the [share] and [PS] buttons simultaneously.
- Plugin your PS4 when your controller begins to flicker. But don’t turn it on yet.
- Finally, turn on your PS4 by pressing the Power button. Then, rapidly attach the PS4’s USB cord to the controller. You must now keep pushing the [PS button] until it is repaired.
How Do You Repair A PS4 Controller That Is Constantly Flashing?
There are several options for repairing a PS4 controller that continues blinking. But first, make sure the USB is operational. If so, we recommend that you replace it with an officially approved Power A cable designed exclusively for the PS4 controller.
Replace the cable on your Dualshock 4 system.
- You may either purchase a replacement cable for the Dualshock 4 or try to use a functional Android charging cord.
- Then connect this USB to your Dualshock 4.
- Finally, check to see if the light is becoming blue or orange. If it does, your controller is charging and the cord was the only issue.
Reset Your PlayStation 4
- First, turn off your PS4. You may do it via the fast start menu or by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
- Then, remove the power cord from the rear of your PS4.
- Wait a few minutes before inserting the PS4’s power cord back in. You can turn it on after connecting it in.
- Now, connect the USB cord and the controller to your PS4.
- Finally, to activate it, press the PlayStation button on the Dualshock 4.
As you can see, turning it off and on is a simple trick. This definitely works, which is why it is so well-known. In this instance, the controller may require some time to boot up or may fail to owe to a hardware issue.
Reset Your PlayStation 4 Controller
- When you flip over your controller, you’ll notice a reset button. It will be located close to the controller’s top right screw.
- You may use an unfurled paperclip or a sim card opener to press the button into the hole.
- Simply hold the button for 5 seconds.
- Finally, reconnect your Dualshock 4 and wait to see whether it is charging.
The same as your PS4 has its own software, so does your controller. If you complete the steps above, your controller will be reset to factory defaults. And hopefully, this will resolve your issue.
Start Your PlayStation 4 In Safe Mode.
- First, turn off your PS4.
- Then, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, or until you hear two beeps.
- Connect your Dualshock 4 to your computer via a USB cord.
- Finally, on your controller, press and hold the PS button.
If your PS4 USB port is defective, you will not be able to start it in safe mode. However, even if you enter safe mode, many customers have reported software troubles as a result of it. If none of the previous ways work, it is possible that your controller is faulty.
Is It Possible To Change The Color Of The PS4 Controller?
If you want to change the color of a PS4 controller, you must first change the user. This is due to the fact that various PS4 profiles show different colors. Player 1 is, for example, blue, Player 2 is red, Player 3 is green, and Player 4 is yellow. So all you have to do is sign in as another account, which may happen without even logging out.
How Do I Change The Color Of My PS4 Controllers?
To begin, establish four distinct profiles on your PS4.
Then just log in as one user. You may switch to a different user without even signing out.
If you keep changing users, you’ll eventually discover a color you enjoy.
What Do The Colors On A PS4 Controller Mean?
- Blue is the first player.
- Red is the second player.
- Green is the third player.
- Pink is the fourth player.
We all know how strict it is. However, depending on the game, the color may vary while playing. Take, for example, Grand Theft Auto IV RockStar. When you are being pursued by the police in this game, the Dualshock 4 blinks red and blue. People need more of this type of innovation.
Also Read: – How To Make PS4 Controller Vibrate?
We’ve covered all you need to know about your PS4 and controller. I hope the approaches described above will assist you in resolving your issues. I hope they bring more color imagination to the table. Thank you for taking the time to read our blog.