Apple made the first beta of iOS 17.2 available to developers and public beta testers last week. The software update includes many new features and changes for iPhones. Below, we have highlighted 10 of these new features and changes.
iOS 17.2 Features
Here are some of the new features and changes that you can expect in iOS 17.2:
- Journal App: Apple’s new Journal app allows iPhone users to reflect on their day and memories, complete with text, photos, music, audio recordings, and more. The app provides personalized suggestions based on recent on-device activity.
- Translate Option for Action Button: The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are equipped with a customizable Action button that replaces the traditional mute switch on previous iPhones. Starting with iOS 17.2, the Action button can now be assigned to the Translate app for quick access to language translation in the Dynamic Island.
- New Widgets: There are new Home Screen and Lock Screen widget options for the Weather and Clock apps on iOS 17.2. The new Weather options include Daily Forecast, and Sunrise and Sunset, while the Clock app now offers a digital clock widget.
- Collaborative Playlists: A new Collaborative Playlists feature for Apple Music allows multiple people to add, reorder, and remove songs in a shared playlist.
- Favorite Songs Playlist: In the Music app on iOS 17.1 and later, you can favorite songs by tapping the star icon to receive improved recommendations. Starting with iOS 17.2, favorited songs are also added to a new Favorite Songs playlist.
- Listening History Focus Filter: iOS 17.2 includes a new Focus filter for Apple Music listening history that addresses the problem of someone else’s song choices affecting your recommendations.
- Contact Key Verification: iMessage Contact Key Verification allows users who face “extraordinary digital threats,” such as journalists, human rights activists, and government officials, to further verify that they are messaging only with the people they intend. In conversations between users who have enabled iMessage Contact Key Verification, users are alerted if a state-sponsored attacker or other malicious actor were ever to succeed in breaching cloud servers and inserting their own device to eavesdrop on the conversation. As an additional layer of security, iMessage Contact Key Verification users are able to compare a Contact Verification Code in person, on FaceTime, or through another secure call to further verify they are communicating only with whom they intend.
- Improved Siri: Siri has been improved to provide more accurate and relevant responses to user queries.
- Improved Face ID: Face ID has been improved to work more accurately and quickly.
- Improved Battery Life: iOS 17.2 includes several improvements to battery life, including better power management and more efficient use of resources.
iOS 17.2 Release Date To The Public
iOS 17.2 is expected to be released to the public in December 2023.
How Do I Update My iPhone to iOS 17.2?
To update your iPhone to iOS 17.2, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
If you have any issues updating your iPhone, please refer to the Apple Support website for more information.
What Are The System Requirements For iOS 17.2?
The system requirements for iOS 17.2 are not yet officially announced by Apple. However, the beta release notes for iOS 17.2 indicate that the minimum supported version of Xcode required to develop apps for iPhone and iPad running iOS & iPadOS 17.2 beta is Xcode 15.1.
Once the official system requirements are announced, they will be available on the Apple Support website.
Imagine a world where your iPhone can be your journal, your translator, and your trusted companion. A world where your memories are always at your fingertips, and where you can communicate with anyone, anywhere in the world. This is the world of iOS 17.2.
With iOS 17.2, your iPhone becomes more than just a device. It becomes a personal assistant, a friend, and a window into the world around you.
So what are you waiting for? Update to iOS 17.2 today and discover the future of the iPhone. Keep visiting Browse Desk for more updates.