Let’s talk about smile lines. Smile lines are the wrinkles that occur when you smile or laugh. These lines develop around your mouth and make you look aged. Smile lines could appear in your early 20s and 30s and also when you get old. Smile lines are most commonly caused by facial movements, including smiling, laughing. However, smile lines are also caused due to lack of hydration, smoking, alcohol, exposure to the sun and many more reasons.
There are multiple treatments and facial exercises to get rid of smile lines. It is recommended to treat the smile line as soon as possible. However, having a smile line does not mean you should stop smiling to prevent wrinkles.
Over here, you will find different types of tips, tricks and natural treatment on How to get rid of smile lines.
So let’s jump right in.
How To Get Rid Of Smile Lines With Makeup
This makeup method is not too expensive as medical
procedures such as Botox treatments.
- One of the best ways to remove smile lines is to hydrate them using moisturizer, applying a serum first and then layering a moisturizer works best with it.
- Use anti-wrinkle cream on your face in the morning and the evening after removing your makeup.
- Apply sunscreen with higher SPF and avoid exposure to the sun because it adds skin pigmentation and darkens moles on your face.
- You can hide the smile lines by applying makeup. First, spread a thin layer of full coverage foundation in the colour of your skin tone.
- Try to avoid thick layers of makeup on your face because it may crack and reveal your wrinkles.
- Stay away from putting too much heavy foundation, powder and a thick layer of makeup around the mouth.
How To Get Rid Of Smile Lines Naturally
These are some of the essential natural treatments to get rid of the smile lines. It can be done through simple facial exercises and other remedies that can be performed at home and anytime. This will help an individual to reduce smile lines.
- Keep your index fingers on the corner and pull upwards and outwards towards the ears. Hold this movement for about ten seconds, then repeat this exercise about six more times. Finally, take a long breath and fill the air in your cheeks, moving the air from one side to the other to stretch out the skin.
- Take a long breath through your mouth and hold the air like a bubble inside the mouth. Now move the bubble from one cheek to another. Perform this exercise atleast for five-time.
- Follow a healthy diet rich in antioxidants such as fruits, green vegetables and avoid junk food.
- Keep the mouth closed and start to smile. Keep this movement for 10 seconds. Then to do it another ten times.
- Keep yourself hydrated, which means you should start drinking lots and lots of water every day to get rid of the smile lines. You have to avoid unhealthy habits and make sure you’re drinking enough fluids. Fruits and vegetables such as cucumber, orange or watermelon also provide hydration for the body.
How To Get Rid Of Smile Lines Around Mouth
- Botox treatment is expensive but works very fast to remove the smile lines. It is a process that works by weakening the muscles in the desired area, which makes smile lines or wrinkles less visible and unnoticeable. You can see the final results within a week.
- Retinol is a substance that contains vitamin C. This product can break down the free radicals that can lead to wrinkles. Use a retinol at atleast three times per week until you get the result.
- Massage is a very traditional and effective way to remove the wrinkles or lines around the mouth. For this, you can use olive oil or any body oil. To massage, you have to use both hands, placing them at the corners of each side of the mouth and then gently pulling upwards with moderate pressure along the cheekbones.
How To Get Rid Of Smile Lines On Cheeks
- Fillers are one of the best remedies for individuals looking to get rid of smile lines. Many filers are made from hyaluronic acid and are injected at the crease that goes from your mouth to your nose. The effects are noticeable. Some common brand names include Radiesse and Restylane. The Radiesse lasts upto a year, and the Restylane lasts upto 9 months.
- Face Yoga is one of the simplest yet effective. Almost everybody is familiar with body exercises. These exercises improve your body’s mood, energy, and posture, tone the body, and help it get more robust, flexible.
- Take a long breath inside your cheeks, moving the air from one side to the other to stretch out the skin to become tight. Relax, then repeat, do this for about ten to twelve times in a row. This exercise will increase the oxygen flow, and if you do not exercise, your body gets weaker and chubby.
How To Get Rid Of Smile Lines Around Eyes
- Face masks are of a different type designed to nourish, balance, and restore the skin, which is good to prevent wrinkles and lines. The main difference between sheet masks and cream masks is the ability to nourish the skin. Sheet masks are serum fibres that allow deeper skin penetration, whereas cream masks tend to hydrate the skin layers.
- Avoid alcohol because drinking alcohol may result in dehydration and which can lead to skin pigmentation. In addition, intake of alcohol disturbs the sleep period and swollen eyes. Skincare and professional treatments are necessary to restore healthy and well-nourished skin.
- Using sun cream while going outside can protect you from Ultraviolet rays that are harmful rays that can damage your skin if not taken any measures. Collagen is the main protein inside your skin tissue, and it’s essential to your facial structure holding it over time. Ultraviolet rays can come from sun exposure.
- Not using moisturizer is a big mistake that can increase the appearance of smile lines around your eyes. Instead, look for good and trusted moisturizers that are rich in ingredients and are effective.
How To Get Rid Of Smile Lines Under Eyes
- Yoghurt Face Pack
Yogurt is a rich source of alpha-hydroxy acids, which help to shed the skin and allow the growth of healthy skin tissue from underneath. This face pack keeps the skin smooth and well-nourished.
- Eye Exercises
Close your eyes for one minute and then Open your eyes and only move your eyeballs in a clockwise direction five times. Now Change direction and carry them in an anti-clockwise order five times. Repeat this exercise for atleast four times.
Use the first two fingers of your hands, gently massage the eye muscles on each side. At the same time, open and close the eyes for ten seconds.
- Use of Sunglasses is a must as they provide your eyes with a shade that will keep you protected from the hot sun because sunglasses physically protect your skin from the sun’s damaging and harmful rays.
Keeping your skin hydrated and follow a healthy diet is easier than you think. Try the listed remedies above how to get rid of smile lines and watch how the smile lines dissolve effectively.