Treating your orthodontic issues requires patience, care, and dedication. While invisible braces have made this process a lot easier, there are still a few steps that you need to take to ensure your treatments are completely effective. One such step is maintaining your invisible braces.
Maintaining your invisible braces is super important to make sure they work effectively and do not get damaged along the course of your treatment. In addition, properly maintained aligners are crucial for dental hygiene and help you avoid oral health problems.
Image Source: Shutterstock
So, if you’ve also recently gotten your hands on a brand-new set of clear aligners and are looking for ways to keep it in mint condition, we’ve got a few tips. Read on to find out everything about maintaining invisible braces.
How to clean your invisible braces?
One of the most effective ways to clean your invisible braces is to soak them in a water-based solution. Just add a gentle anti-bacterial soap to a bowl full of clean water and let your clear aligners rest in the solution for twenty to thirty minutes. Now rinse the aligners with clear water. This will get rid of any bacterial growth on your aligners and make them squeaky clean.
Can I brush my invisible braces?
If you don’t have the time to soak your invisible braces, you can brush them with a non-abrasive toothbrush to get the job done. But make sure to not scrub them aggressively as this can scratch the plastic and damage your aligners.
What should I avoid while cleaning my invisible braces?
- Abrasive toothpaste – Your invisible braces are very delicate and should be dealt with with caution. This is why abrasive toothpaste might not be right for them. If you want to clean your aligners with toothpaste, make sure you use small quantities and opt for a non-abrasive option.
- Coloured mouthwash – Mouthwash is another very common dental hygiene product that we use on a regular basis. However, a coloured mouthwash can stain your clear aligners, making them noticeable on your teeth. This is why you must go for a clear mouthwash to make sure your invisible braces remain invisible.
- Hot water – Since clear aligners are made from plastic, hot water can be incredibly harmful to them. It can tamper with their shape, not allowing them to fit properly, ultimately defeating their sole purpose. This is why it’s best to clean your aligner with cold water.
What are some other tips for maintaining invisible braces?
- Store your aligners in a cool and dry place – It’s always recommended to store your aligners in a cool and dry place. Leaving them in a warm or damp environment can accelerate bacterial growth and cause your invisible braces to smell.
- Brush your teeth before putting on your aligners – Another thing that you can do to keep your aligners clean is brushing and flossing your teeth before wearing your braces. This will help minimise the accumulation of plaque, food particles, and other impurities that can get trapped on your aligners.
- Remove your aligners before eating or drinking – This is one of the most important things that you need to keep in mind if you have invisible aligners. Eating or drinking with your aligners can permanently damage and stain them. This is why it’s best to take them off before munching.
And this is it! With these simple steps and a few precautions, you can keep your invisible braces in the best condition. However, make sure to opt for high-quality aligners from reliable brands such as toothsi. toothsi aligners are built from resilient, durable material that helps them stay in perfect shape. In addition, toothsi offers great invisible braces costs in India, allowing you to correct your smile without having to break the bank.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit the toothsi website and get your smile makeover journey started!