Do you have a problem with your Amazon Fire Stick remote that isn’t operating properly? This remote is not like the ones you’re used to using around the house. As a result, determining what’s wrong with it can be tough.
The Amazon Fire Stick is a portable gadget that connects to the HDMI connector on your television. It allows you to view your favorite photos, games, music, TV shows, and movies. It includes a brand new Fire Stick, a remote, a power adapter, a USB cable, two AAA batteries, an HDMI extender, and a user manual.
Amazon Fire Stick competes directly with Chromecast and Roku. However, some Fire Stick users have noticed remote difficulties that can leave you stranded. Before calling Amazon customer service, you can utilize this advice to perform some quick remedies.
Do Firestick Remotes Fail?
The Amazon Fire Stick remote is convenient and simple to use. The remote, on the other hand, can fail at any time. The problems may appear after a few weeks or months of use.
It’s also possible that your Fire Stick remote will break the moment you unbox it. The best thing to do in this situation is to send it back to Amazon right away for a replacement remote. While your replacement remote is on its way, you can continue to use the Amazon Fire Stick by utilizing their TV remote app for Android smartphones and iPhones.
Why Is My Amazon Firestick Remote Not Working?
Have you ever wondered why your Fire Stick control suddenly stopped working? It can happen for a variety of causes.
Let’s look at some of these factors.
- The most common cause of a Fire Stick remote malfunction is a faulty battery. Your Firestick remote may cease operating if it has a low battery charge or if the batteries have been put incorrectly.
- Your remote isn’t connected to your Fire Stick.
- Your remote is more than 30 feet away from the Fire Stick.
- There could be obstacles in your way that decrease the range of your Fire Stick controller.
- Other Bluetooth-enabled items in your house could be interfering with your remote.
- Your new remote is incompatible with the Fire Stick.
- Water damage or other internal/external issues can cause your Fire Stick controller to malfunction.
What Normally Do People Do If Amazon Fire Stick Stops Working?
Now that you’ve learned about the most common causes of problems with your Fire Stick remote, it’s time to learn about some of the simplest ways to repair it.
Replace The Batteries In Your Amazon Fire Stick Remote
Quite often, a new set of batteries is all that is required to get your Fire Stick remote working again. Remove the old batteries from your remote and replace them with new ones by opening the back cover. Make sure, however, that you do not install them backward. Check that your remote works after you’ve installed the fresh batteries. If not, proceed to the next set of fixes.
Perform A Complete Power Cycle On The Remote And The Fire Stick
If you are unable to connect your remote to your Fire Stick, the simplest solution is to power cycle your Fire Stick remote. To accomplish this, first:
- Remove your remote’s rear cover.
- Remove the batteries and wait for 10 seconds.
- Replace the batteries and test your remote to see if it works again.
- Otherwise, Unplug your TV from the wall or unplug the power from the Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the TV or Fire Stick and wait for the Amazon Fire Stick to appear on your TV.
- Take your remote and attempt again to operate the Fire Stick.
Retry Pairing Your Fire Stick Remote
The next step in restoring your remote’s functionality is to unpair and re-pair it with the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Turn on your TV and the Fire Stick.
- To unpair the Fire Stick remote, press and hold the Home + Back buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds before releasing them.
- Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds to reconnect it to the Fire Stick, then release it.
- Repeat the preceding procedures until you can operate your Fire Stick with the remote.
If you received a replacement remote and it isn’t working, try pairing it using the steps below.
- Navigate to your TV’s settings >> select Controllers and Bluetooth devices.
- Select Amazon Fire TV remotes, followed by Add new remote.
- Your TV will begin to look for a new Fire Stick control over Bluetooth.
- Hold down the Home button on your new remote for 10 seconds to pair it with your Fire Stick and appear on the list.
Remove Any Interferences
It will not work if you use your Fire Stick remote from a considerable distance. Reduce the distance by bringing your TV closer or using the remote within 30 feet of the Fire Stick with no obstructions in the way.
Second, transfer other Bluetooth devices to different areas in your house or turn them off to see if any interference from these devices is causing your Amazon Fire Stick control to malfunction.
How To Reset My Fire Stick Remote?
To resolve the issues, the last thing you can do is reset your Amazon Fire Stick control. To do this with your remote, follow these steps:
- For 15 seconds, press and hold the Left and Menu buttons at the same time.
- Wait 60 seconds after releasing the buttons.
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Wait 60 seconds after unplugging your Fire Stick.
- Replace the batteries in the remote and connect your Fire Stick to the TV.
- When the Home screen shows, press and hold the Home button for 40 seconds before letting go of the buttons.
- Wait another 60 seconds for the setup to finish.
This guide should have helped you figure out why your Amazon Fire Stick Remote isn’t working. If your remote still doesn’t function, check for physical damage or see if it’s compatible with your Firestick. Best wishes!