To assist with the vaccination process, the government of India introduced the Cowin app earlier this year. Through the Cowin app, people can book a slot for vaccination and download the Cowin vaccination certificate online.
How it Functions
1. Sign up for a vaccination
Register with your mobile number, Aadhaar number, or other identity documents.
2. Obtain a vaccination
Visit the vaccination clinic at the designated time and date to receive your vaccinations.
3. Obtain a Certificate
Upon each vaccination event, obtain a vaccination certificate.
How to Sign Up for COWIN
• The Cowin app comprises five modules: Administrator, Registration, Vaccination, Beneficiary Acknowledgement, and Report.
• Through the “Registration Module,” anyone who is not frontline or healthcare personnel can register for the vaccination.
• Applicants must present a photo ID in order to register. Using the “Administrator Module,” Covin App administrators will monitor the data supplied by users.
• After registration, administrators are in charge of organizing immunization sessions. Following that, the appropriate management and vaccine providers will receive pertinent information and alerts.
• The app’s “Vaccination Module” will validate the beneficiary’s information and revise their vaccination status.
• After that, the “Beneficiary acknowledgment module” will generate QR-based certificates and send beneficiaries an SMS.
• The “Report Module” will create reports detailing the number of vaccination sessions held, the number of participants, the number of dropouts, and other relevant data.
How to Download Co-Win Mobile App & Download Link
• The user should first go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
• The applicants should upload their photo identification documents for the self-registration process after downloading the application.
• Upload a government-issued photo ID or complete an Aadhaar authentication.
• Different methods of authentication are possible, including biometrics, OTP, and demographics.
• The applicant will receive the date and time for immunization once they have registered.
• The system then sends a reminder SMS to the specified date and time for vaccination.